Boot & Boat
Combine hiking and rafting for experiential learning. We use exciting outdoor activities to introduce youngsters to the natural environment and Earth processes. Our package can be one, two or even three days, with lots of variety to keep up the interest. Click the leaflet below and come back to us.
Send us the form stating what you want covered, how many you are, ages and grades, and preferred dates.
Let us know the ages of the group and the subject matter you wish to cover. This can range from geography through science, biology, nature study or life-skills. Presentations are given in our conference facility. Notes are made available free online with suggested teaching package for educators.
Because we are situated in the Vredefort Dome World Heritage Site we make maximum use of the landscape to educate groups about the world’s largest meteorite impact crater. This covers astronomy, geology and evolution.
We will custom-design your programme to meet your educational needs. Tell us what you are wanting and we will draw up the proposal and quotation. The correspondence will include a briefing on what to wear and what to bring.
Educators come free in a ratio of 1: 30 learners. Educators are required to take part in the activities and keep discipline. We provide a teaching package online for educators.
We usually shoot photos and videos of the day if you commission us to do so. The charge forms part of our quotation. The visuals are placed online and can be freely shared and downloaded.
- Day visits: Arrive in your bus around 9am and depart by 3.30. After a brief introduction and an exciting icebreaker, we break into groups for subject matter presentations and nature walks. A hike to a view of the Vredefort Dome landscape follows. Return to base for an early lunch (you self-cater). Then we go rafting on the Vaal River. Your bus meets us at the end and you depart.
- Two days: The programme is less crowded and you have time to absorb what the educational content is all about. We add some games and challenges involving problem solving, and take more time on the hikes and rafting. Accommodation for groups over 14 is arranged at a neighbouring hotel.
- Three days and more: We organise special programmes for school and university groups that may want to undertake deeper exploration of the area. Given time we can prepare a detailed plan based on your interests and requirements. We also do overnight hikes and overnight raft=camping.
- No experience is required and we allow for partially disabled persons
- Our accommodation is self-catered but the hotel next door does dinner, bed and breakfast as well as packed lunches
- Transport is your own. Make sure that your driver/s have plotted the route and can be contacted once we are out in the field.
- There is no shop on our premises, so come prepared with refreshments and lunches.
- A full Briefing explaining what to wear and what to expect is sent on booking
- Order your photos of the event when booking. We appoint a videographer to put the visuals all together for you – great action movie and many personality stills.
Quotations and Bookings
Contact us directly via WhatsApp or email to make your reservation. Once our Quotation has been agreed we send the Invoice. Payment terms are as follows:
- 30percent deposit secures your booking, date and arrangements
- Balance of 70% is due no later than 14 days in advance
- There are no refunds. Please read our Terms and Conditions
Want to know more? Just ask! WhatsApp 084 245 2490 or email email@example.com